Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Sarah Palin Endorsed Donald Trump and Yes, that Sucks

When Donald Trump announced on his Facebook page that he was making a special announcement today and that he had a special guest, I was worried. There was speculation that it was former Governor and Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin, but admit finding myself hoping for someone else. I was wrong and as much as we’d like to say it doesn’t matter, it does.

I don’t care for Sarah Palin. I don’t dislike her because I believe many of her views fall in line with Christian conservative values, but I’ve always felt like she represents the Republican party and the conservative movement in a poor way. She often makes us look silly and spiteful as one of the top tier representatives, so I’ve found myself wishing she would fall into obscurity.

She did fall from time to time but has been able to rejuvenate and reemerge. Part of me wants to write a hit piece on her detailing how it’s personally beneficial and politically expedient for her to endorse Trump. I’d love to point out that she laid out a plan months ago to become the Energy Secretary under Trump. Then, I’d love to expand on that perspective about why she would be a terrible Energy Secretary, but instead I’ll just leave the original reporting:

I’m not going to attack because this is the way American politics works. It might not be the way we’d all want it, but cronyism is alive and well and when Donald Trump wields it for favors or endorsements, he’s doing so because he needs to play that game. They all do. It would be sour grapes for me to attack Palin for endorsing while having her own agenda at work when I would commend other candidates for doing the same thing.

It is what it is. I don’t like it. I’m disappointed. More importantly, I’m energized to do what I can to fight Trump and help to nominate a true conservative. It’s time for everyone to double down on saving the Republican party and therefore saving America.



via Soshable http://ift.tt/1P42o3d

No comments: