Sunday, January 17, 2016

Donald Trump Lacks a Basic Understanding of Christianity (Video)

It’s not for men to judge other men when it comes to their faith and their relationship with Jesus Christ. However, it is our duty to understand the hearts of our teachers, clergy, and most importantly our leaders. Today, Donald Trump confirmed what we’ve thought for a long time: he has no idea what true Christianity really is.

For the record, a proper Evangelical hermeneutic as well as a basic Christian doctrine is that no man is “good,” that we are born again through repentance and faith, and that our works do not determine our salvation. Anyone who has spent a small amount of time in an evangelical denomination church is very well away of these things. It’s the outsiders, the non-evangelicals or the “new age Christians” that believe that being a good person is somehow going to help one build a relationship with God.

Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins. It should be well-known that we are incapable of living a good life in regards to our relationship to God, but Trump said:

“I have a great relationship with God. I have a great relationship with the Evangelicals. In fact, nationwide, I’m up by a lot, I’m leading everybody. But I like to be good. I don’t like to have to ask for forgiveness. And I am good. I don’t do a lot of things that are bad. I try to do nothing that is bad. I live a very different life than probably a lot of people would think. And I have a very great relationship with God and I have a very great relationship with Evangelicals. I think that’s why I’m doing so well with Iowa.”

Here’s his complete response:

This is a far cry from what is said in the Bible.

Mark 10:17-18

17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 3:10-11

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

If there is even an ounce of desire for our President to be versed in the Bible and one who embraces Christianity, let alone practices it, then Donald Trump cannot be an option for Christians. Faith is about repentance and forgiveness, not the poll numbers that he touts for his proof of being faithful.



via Soshable http://ift.tt/238TwQ3

No comments: