Sunday, May 10, 2015

Psalm 31:3 – ‘my rock and my fortress’

For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name’s sake lead me, and guide me.Psalm 31:3 (KJV)

As short verses go, this is one that is loaded with extremely important meaning. It would be easy to read it quickly and think that it’s a nice little verse, but if you dig in deeper, you’ll see that it’s much more.

“My rock and my fortress” is pretty straight forward. The psalmist is declaring the supremacy of God the Father as both the unbreakable foundation upon which we stand and the protecting fortress that keeps our enemies at bay. Then, the verse becomes a plea for guidance and leadership with an important part to note: “for thy name’s sake.” This is a theme that is present throughout the Bible.

Great men from Moses to Yeshua HaMashiach and many of the prophets in between asked God for guidance, strength, and protection in order to promote His holy name. This is important. It isn’t for our own sakes that we need His guidance and love. He gave us the ultimate form of guidance and love through the teachings of Yeshua and the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior. The help that we need today and throughout time was help in glorifying Him.

The post Psalm 31:3 – ‘my rock and my fortress’ appeared first on Judeo Christian Church.



via Judeo Christian Church | RSS Feed http://ift.tt/1PzafSW

No comments: