Monday, December 16, 2013

Thankfully, My Powerpoint Broke in the Middle of My Social Media Presentation


JD Rucker Speaking


Do you see the darkness in the background? That’s a presentation being done without the accompanying Powerpoint. Sixteen minutes into an hour-long presentation, the power on my computer ran out.


I had forgotten my power source at home so an hour before my presentation, I was in Staples buying a new one. It was supposedly compatible and seemed to fit the computer, so I ran with it. We were in a rush and as I prepared to start I didn’t check to make sure it was charging.


It wasn’t.


It was the best thing that could have happened. The remainder of the presentation after the initial awkwardness of standing in front of an empty theater screen was better than it would have been had the presentation not failed. The reason is simple. I was forced to go back to what I knew without assistance of a visual – analyzing individual business situations. Rather than go through the tips and tricks that business owners could use for their social media, I interacted with the audience to find out their specific needs. The point, I believe, was made in a better way than had the presentation gone without a hitch.


Any business can use social media. Any.


Here’s the video. Be sure to give it a thumbs up, if only for the sheer fact that I had to go through 45 minutes without my presentation.







via Soshable | Social Media Blog http://soshable.com/thankfully-my-powerpoint-broke-in-the-middle-of-my-social-media-presentation/

No comments: