Wednesday, March 11, 2015

John 14:12 – ‘greater works than these’


Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.John 14:12 (KJV)

One of the most common debates between believers is whether or not good works are important for our salvation. As we’ve discussed in a piece about works vs faith, we demonstrated that faith is the only requirement for salvation, but works are the ways through which our faith is embodied.


It’s funny that this debate is often broken down as a conflict between the doctrines of Paul and James. If we just look to the words of Yeshua Himself, we’ll see the clarity of the message to end the debate.


The post John 14:12 – ‘greater works than these’ appeared first on Judeo Christian Church.






via Judeo Christian Church | RSS Feed http://ift.tt/1wsNe08

No comments: