Sunday, January 12, 2014

Can Homosexuals Be Christians?


Gay Marriage and Christians


Gay marriage is one of the hottest topics spreading across the United States and other parts of the world. The opinion of the general population has shifted in recent years to lean towards acceptance of equal marital rights regardless of sexual orientation.


First and foremost, I am not an expert on the topic of gay marriage nor what the Bible teaches about it. I can point to some scriptures that discuss homosexuality. I can point to the natural benefits of heterosexual marriage over homosexual marriage. I can say that in my heart I feel that gay marriage, excessively breaking the speed limit, human trafficking, double parking, and cannibalism are all wrong to some degree, though the Bible doesn’t address all of them very clearly.


When asked why I do not actively pursue the issue of gay marriage, I often refer to the Book of John:


John 8:7 (KJV)



So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.



We are all responsible for our own actions. We are all sinners. It is impossible for us as imperfect creatures to bare the burden of our sins. That’s why Jesus Christ was sacrificed. If He had not died for our sins, we would all fall short of the glory that awaits us in Heaven.


I will not participate in homosexual behavior. I will not look down on a person who commits the “abomination” as described in Leviticus 18:22. However, the sins of others do become a concern to me when they affect the ability of the Gospel to be spread. It isn’t the act itself that worries me. It’s the repercussions of a way of life that can lead people away from the light.


Just as there are thieves, murderers, and reckless drivers who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and will walk with Him in Heaven, so too are there homosexuals that have found Jesus. As Christians, we are not here to live a perfect life. Only One was able to accomplish that in His life on earth. Our goal is to serve the Lord and help others to find Him. Homosexuals who help in this regard are allies in my book.


On Piers Morgan, Dr. Michael Brown addresses an important question. Unfortunately, the portion we found was small, but the message is sound.



The post Can Homosexuals Be Christians? appeared first on Judeo Christian Church.






via Judeo Christian Church http://judeochristianchurch.com/can-homosexuals-christians/

No comments: