Saturday, November 5, 2016

In case you missed it, I’m a Federalist

Of all of the websites I contribute to, this has always and will always be my favorite. It’s the second website I ever personally owned and it represents more of my direct feelings. Yes, there have been a few guest contributors, but for the most part it has been all my writing lately. It’s the way it should be.

For this reason, I sometimes forget to post to it. That’s not a representation of my sentiment towards the site, but things have been really crazy thanks to a combination of necessity and blessing. I often assume that all of the readers of this site know exactly what I’m doing based upon what I do on other sites. In case you don’t here it is…

Most things are as they were a year ago. I’m still learning (and occasionally teaching) the Bible. I’m still enjoying my family. My business is doing well and I’m working on new initiatives within it. Then, there’s the politics. Most of my political efforts were done in the form of daily posts through the primaries, but we lost. Donald Trump was nominated, so my attentions shifted towards seeking an alternative.

We tried many different parties. I contacted pretty much every party running a conservative that I could find, even if they weren’t big enough to make an impact. What I quickly learned was that they weren’t simply victims of low media coverage. They were victims of disorganization and lack of growth plans. I actually nearly lost hope in prospects for the future, but something happened. A wild idea turned into a quick inquiry. That inquiry was met with so much enthusiasm that I expanded the idea to a plan. The plan was working much better than I expected, so I started contacting more people about it, particularly those in the media. By the time all was said and done, I found myself heading into election day with a solid foundation upon which to build a new conservative political party.

After election day, the Federalist Party will be born.

I know what you’re thinking because I thought it myself. Third parties can’t win in the United States. What I know that you don’t is that the reason third parties don’t work is because we accept that they don’t work. More importantly, we’ve never seen a third party with the gumption and strategy to make itself work, to break through the imaginary boundary that protects the two major parties.

Here is not the place to go into details yet and it’s about time to take the family to a movie, so I’ll leave you with this thought: If we can suspend disbelief in the possibility of a viable third party, we can actually make it happen, God willing. That’s what I’ve been working on lately. I’m hopeful that you will join us in this project.



via Soshable http://ift.tt/2eB0CdY

No comments: